Climate-KIC is an initiative by the EU to stimulate climate innovations. They have a special talent program called 'Pioneers', which might interest you.
Pioneers is Climate-KIC’s professional mobility programme, developed especially for people who want to challenge themselves and explore their innovative ideas for climate change solutions. Pioneers put into practice their expertise to create new products and services in the field of the climate change, or to join an existing project and provide their insight.
During the programme, pioneers are offered a four-to-six week placement in one of the participating international regions, working on leading low-carbon projects with host organisations that are looking to collaborate on interesting projects or help you develop your own. Besides this international exchange, they work together in a group with Dutch pioneers to address a regional challenge, focusing on real-world challenges with tangible results! We prepare them for this exciting exchange with tailored mentoring and training, workshops and e-learning.
In 2017, Pioneers will be running in 15 European countries! Participating countries are: Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Helsinki, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands (encompassing Belgium and Luxembourg as well), Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
The 2017 application period closes on 21 April. Participating pioneers are supported with financial support of up to €2000 to cover their travel and accommodation expenses. Requirements to be eligible for participation are:
· Live in one of the participating countries
· Excellent English, at least B2. Other languages are a plus, especially Spanish, Hungarian, German, Polish, and Italian!
· Have a University degree related to the field of climate change and/or sustainability OR other equivalent degree in another field plus at least two years of working experience in a field related to climate change and/or sustainability.
· Available and committed to attend the key dates of the programme.
· Open-minded and ready for a challenge
Climate-KIC is the EU’s main climate innovation initiative and brings together researchers and businesses across Europe to find solutions to climate change, creating sustainable growth and jobs in the process. Climate-KIC is one of the Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) founded through the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the EU.
More information can be found here: https://pioneers.climate-kic.org/